Friday, June 17, 2011

Vegetarian Pizza

So I think I may need to rename this blog since lately I haven't been eating much of anything vegan. I do enjoy vegan pancakes/milkshakes for breakfast pretty often but lunch is a different story.

I have a love/hate relationship with pizza -- personally I don't like sausage or pepperoni. so right there is your vegetarian pizza, however, a plain cheese pizza just doesn't do it for me. I love Donato's Mariachi chicken pizza ( the key ingredients being chicken and jalapenos), mostly because of the sour cream packets they give you, and I'm pretty sure if you gave me anything with sour cream on top of it, I would eat it. But I digress.

so I tried my own vegetarian variation of the chicken mariachi pizza and it did not let me down. I used a whole wheat pita as my crust, topped it with sliced jalapeno peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cheddar and mozzarella cheese... and dipped it in sour cream of course.

I also like to use feta and artichokes on my pita pizzas... very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment