Friday, July 20, 2012

Review: Harvest Moon Cafe | Garden Herb Shop | Canal Winchester

Today I visited the Harvest Moon Cafe and Garden Herb Shop in downtown Canal Winchester. They serve dishes made with local ingredients, as well as local beers, among other things. I tried the chicken BBQ flat bread, and I was not disappointed. this thing had slices of apple on it! If you like savory and sweet combinations, I highly recommend it. I also had a fresh ginger ale with mint leaves and lime. delish.

after lunch, I headed over to the garden herb shop which is a tiny area connected to the cafe. they sell an array of loose teas, herbs, supplements, essential oils, and some rare foods you can't find at the grocery store (ghee!). I bought some loose tea:  a "wild strawberry" variety and another fruity variety called "Eternal Life". The gal at the shop was very friendly and helpful. the prices were also quite decent. most of their loose teas are $2-$3 per ounce. a couple ounces will probably last me a few months. I don't claim to know a lot about tea, but I definitely will be back to buy more! All in all a great experience.

Check out their website for more information:  hm-cafe.com


No comments:

Post a Comment